Friday, March 19, 2010

Plano plans

Last weekend I went to see some friends in Dallas--Plano and Krum, more specifically. I wasn't able to see one friend, and I left my jacket, so I'll be back before long!

Since most of my weekend was spent with people, I didn't actually see as much of Dallas as I might have otherwise. I only took a few pictures. I went to Dealey Plaza last year, so I've already seen that. I would like to see the Farmer's Branch Historical Park, so that is definitely on the agenda for next time.

So what did I see? I went to Grapevine Lake, because it looked fun and beautiful on the map, and more accessible than Lewisville Lake. I saw a place online and on Facebook called Big Daddy's Ship Store. I crossed the most rickety bridge I had ever seen to get to it, and had an expensive hot dog. Most of the bun went to the ducks. Since it was Saturday afternoon, there was no live music, which I suspect is the main draw to this place. Being right on the marina, it is convenient to the boating crowd, so they can charge whatever they want. Not having a boat, it wasn't as fun as I had hoped it would be. But live music would probably have changed my opinion!



Then to Plano to see my friend. Her daughter went to South by So What (I can't get away from it) to see a bunch of "screamo" bands. They sound just delightful, I'm sure!

The next day I went to Krum to see my cousin. I saw a good deal of North Dallas on the drive. Plano seems nice but very crowded. Lewisville Lake, very large. They say for a while it was the most dangerous lake in Texas. Lewisville itself looked very pretty. I would like to have seen more of Denton. My cousin lives just outside of Denton, so I didn't make it all the way to Krum.

Somewhere between Plano and Denton








So that was my weekend, really. I'll have to find more interesting stuff in Dallas to go see next time. I'm open to suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment