Friday, March 19, 2010

San Antonio Mexican Food

I went to see my friend in Schertz TX, just north of San Antonio. He's recovering from knee surgery, so I didn't think we'd be able to go see anything local. Well, he was getting around all right enough to suggest going out for lunch. We went to a Mexican restaurant called Felix's.

In my experience, the BEST Mexican food is always going to be found at some little hole-in-the-wall looking kind of place, and this was no exception. In San Marcos, it's Garcia's. Here in Austin, there is a place near my apartment that I can't remember the name of. Some chain restaurants have OK food, but seriously, for the best Mexican food you have to find a small local place that serves tamales. You don't have to eat tamales if you don't want them, but they have to at least serve them. Yes, I know enough about what goes in tamales, I don't need anybody to tell me anything else about them. Don't ruin it for me. Love the tamales, just love them.

So we had a great dinner, then I had to go back up north to Pflugerville for a two-year-old's birthday party. It's been a busy day on the I35 corridor for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment