Friday, April 9, 2010

South Congress

There are so many cool things in Austin, and so many cool places I want to see, that I just don't have time to do all the things I want to do!  One of my favorite places here in town in on South Congress:

(click on pictures to see bigger)

As a knitter, of course I love a good yarn store, and Hill Country Weavers is a GREAT yarn store!  Lots of fabulous yarn, but also:

Knit Buzz is the knit cafe right behind the store.  A nice place to sit and knit, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and drinks.

Then there's the rest of South Congress:


Hey Cupcake has wonderful cupcakes.  I like the Michael Jackson, which is a chocolate/chocolate chip cupcake with cream cheese frosting.  AWESOME!



There's live music.  Last July I saw this guy (or maybe another guy in the same spot) sitting on a bucket singing "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer."  It just doesn't get any better than that.


Vegan Sweet Potato Tamales.  Sounds weird, I know, but they're actually pretty good.





The other food carts on South Congress.








And the shops
Looking North



Looking South







And something happening, I don't really know what.








But not everything is wonderful on S. Congress:











This parking lot used to be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment