Sunday, May 2, 2010

Surfside Beach

Last weekend I went to my hometown of Lake Jackson.  I saw the production of Hansel and Gretel at the outdoor college theatre--fantastic show!  That evening I went to the Intermediate School production of Bye Bye Birdie--also fantastic!  I have friends whose kids were in each show, so it was a lot of fun to watch.  Great job, everybody!

But this post is about Surfside Beach.  I grew up going to Surfside, but it has changed a LOT since then.  I really like that there are bridges to walk over to the beach now.  But the oil spill in the Gulf is a major concern.



It's not the cleanest beach in the world, but I miss it every day that I'm away from it.  I lived with friends in a beach house one summer; there's nothing better than waking up to a sunrise on the beach.  I will ALWAYS sleep better to beach sounds than any other sound in the world.  I am sad that The Lookout is no longer there--great BYOB beachclub where I saw some of my favorite performers.



No comments:

Post a Comment