Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center

Yesterday I went to the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center here in Austin.













I have been meaning to investigate since I moved here.  It probably would have been even better if I had gone earlier in the spring, before it started getting hot.  We've had a proliferation of bluebonnets this year.  But even this late in the season, it was a really nice visit. 




I learned the name of several flowers that I've always seen and never knew what they were called. 








There is plenty of cool and interesting art work all over the grounds.










The trails are nicely kept and a good walk.



I really liked the tower.


Plenty of pretty things to see.




They also have the Wildflower Cafe, which was nice, but I thought overpriced.  They rent the facilities for special events--I think it would be a lovely place for a wedding.

Hours:

Tuesday through Saturday 9am-530pm
Sunday Noon to 530pm
Open daily March 15 to May 31 for Wildflower Days 2010
Center closed on Mondays before March 15 and after May 31

No comments:

Post a Comment